Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket (Patent Pending) is a light-weight mesh cooling jacket designed specifically to help keep a dog comfortable in hot weather and reduce the effect of exposure to the sun. The jacket's outer layer is made of woven synthetic with an aluminized finish. The twisted strands of the fabric function like thousands of tiny mirrors, reflecting all wavelengths of light away from the surface. The jacket is lined with a cotton mesh. Both layers allow air to pass freely through. The cotton mesh liner can be wetted to provide substantial evaporative cooling. Unlike other wet jackets, the evaporation occurs in the shade of the outer layer, creating an unusually cool environment on the hottest day.
Facts about Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket:
* Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket can significantly lower coat temperature and provides a shield from direct sunlight.
* On a 90° F day, wearing a Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket can lower the coat temperature from 145° F to 103° F, a reduction of almost 30%.
* Soaking the Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket in water to dampen the cotton lining before use can lower a dog’s coat temperature by a further 20 degrees--from 103° F to 83° F. Cotton has been repeatedly shown to be the best fiber to hold water for evaporative cooling. Synthetic wicking fabrics are useless in this application because dogs do not sweat.
* For light-haired dogs, a Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket also protects the underlying skin from sunburn.
* Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket can protect coats of show dogs from bleaching by the sun -- which often occurs as summertime reddening or browning, especially at the tips of the coat.
* The Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket was field-tested in mountain terrain and open-field hunting
The Chillybuddy jacket is designed to make your dog more comfortable when out in the sun. Lack of water, overwork, poor health, or weather conditions may still cause a dog to become overheated. The dog’s handler is responsible for monitoring the dog’s condition and protecting the pet from heat exhaustion or other effects of overheating. Please be sure to give your dog plenty of water and avoid overworking him in hot conditions.
How to Measure your Dog:
NECK: The circumference of the dog’s neck at its widest point.
BACK LENGTH: The distance between the collar and the base of the tail.
GIRTH: The circumference of the dog’s chest at its widest part.
It is important to note that the back length is the most important measurement of the three. The Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket provides room for adjustment in the girth and neck straps so it is crucial that the Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket you get covers the length of your dog's back. When in doubt, a little excess on the back length is better than having it be too short. If you have measured your dog and still have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com We want your Chillybuddy to fit your dog as well as possible!
Chillybuddy Size Chart:
|Name||Chillybuddy Cooling Jacket|